- During Residency in VS Hospital, Ahmedabad gained experience in handling a variety of Pediatric and Neonatal emergencies, led a team of Residents during the final year, was given the opportunity of decision making in the line of management and treatment of the admitted patients.
- Worked for a period of 12 months in the 54 bedded tertiary care NICU, during the 3 years of Residency. Had a hands-on experience in the management of extreme preterm neonates and their complications.
- Experience in Pediatric and Neonatal procedures such as pleural tap, abdominal tap, lumbar tap, peritoneal dialysis, bone marrowaspiration, insertion of peripheral and central lines, liver biopsy, intubation, cardio-pulmonary resuscitation, exchange transfusions, umbilical catheterization.
- After completion of Pediatric Residency in May 2014, I joined LG Hospital c/o AMC medical college, Ahmedabad, Gujarat as a Senior Registrar in June 2014, for a period of two months. During this period I got the opportunity to look after all patients admitted in ward as well as 30 bedded tertiary level neonatal and pediatric ICU.
- Served as an Associate Pediatrician and Neonatologist in Sparsh Neonatal and Pediatric Centre, 22 bedded hospital with 5 bedded PICU and 8 bedded NICU and Kamal Hospital, 22 bedded NICU.
- IAP Neonatology Fellow at Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children, Mumbai, under guidance of Dr. Sudha Rao for 12 months. During fellowship I worked in 100 bedded NICU with Intramural and extramural facility. I managed extremely premature babies, RDS, PDA, Sepsis, MODS, AOP, IVH, Neonatal Jaundice, Complex congenital heart diseases, other congenital anomaly like skeletal, neurological, hepatobilliary etc., MAS, PPHN, Inborn error of Metabolism, ARF, Metabolic disorders, Tubular disorder, Shock, Seizures, DSD, endocrine disorder, hematological disorders, BPD, CLD. Also worked in 12 bedded Surgical NICU and managed cases like CDH, TEF, Billiary atresia, Intestinal obstruction, atresia, ARM, Hirschsprung disease, PDA, Hydrocephalus, airway anomaly, tracheostomy, Intra-abdominal masses. We also followed up of all High risk newborn in High Risk followup OPD twice a week. Academic activity thrice a week including Seminar, Case presentations and Journal clubs, grand rounds weekly, monthly statistical analysis and mortality assessment meet.
- Senior Registrar in PICU at Bai Jerbai Wadia Hospital for Children, Mumbai, under guidance of Dr. Uma Ali for 6 months. During this period I worked in 12 bedded PICU including 6 bedded SICU. Managed cases likes shock, raised ICP, Acute liver failure, ARF, CCF, Status epilepticus, status asthamaticus, Sepsis, ARDS, Pneumonia, Dengue, DIC, febrile neutropenia, etc. and in SICU all complicated post-operative patients of pediatric surgery, pediatric orthopedics, pediatric neurosurgery, pediatric spine surgery, ENT surgery, plastic surgery and burns, post renal transplant, pediatric ophthalmic surgery.
Proficient in procedures
- Endotracheal intubation
- Umbilical venous catheterization
- PICC line insertion
- Percutaneous arterial line insertion
- Umbilical arterial line insertion
- Blood exchange transfusion
- Central venous cannulation
- Defibrillation and cardioversion
- Lumbar puncture
- Pleural tap & Intercostal chest tube insertion
- Abdominal paracentesis
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Liver biopsy
- Evaluation of development with reference to protein energy malnutrition (PEM) in admitted children.
- Clinical and etiopathological profile and outcome of intraventricular hemorrhage in newborn.
- Sexual maturity rating (SMR) of patients between 6 and 12 years of age admitted in pediatric unit
- Clinico-etiological profile of Persistent Hyperinsulinemic Hypoglycemia in Newborn